Esmond Station K-8
Regional Director, Debbie Brisson
Vail Community Programs offers innovative programs that enrich learners of all ages. We provide opportunities for learning and growth, respect, interdependency, and success for all.
Community Programs offer the following:
- Extended hours – 7 A.M. to 6 P.M.
- Toddlers- ages 2-3 (Offered at Desert Willow ONLY)
- Preschool- ages 3-5
- Before/After school programs – ages 5-11
- D.E.S approved
- During the breaks we offer Vail Discovery Camps & Enrichment Camps- ages preschool- 8th grade.
In Vail Community Programs children are immersed in A.C.A.D.E.M.I.C.S.
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Achieving Focus
- Developing perspective
- Engaged learning
- Making Connections
- Intentional Instruction
- Challenging Activities
- Self-directed Learning
At Esmond Station we offer:
Before and Aftercare
The Before and Aftercare Program provides a safe and supportive environment before and after school for children to explore and develop their own interests. Personal responsibility and positive peer interactions will be stressed. A variety of activities such as art, wood working, games, music, physical activity, science, computers, homework time, clubs, cooking and community service projects will be introduced throughout the year. Thematic units and long-term projects are utilized and designed to enhance the following areas:
- Math: Basic computation skills, logic, measurement and graphs.
- Literacy: Activities involving reading, writing and spelling.
- Science: Inquiry-based investigations in a variety of areas.
- Fine Arts: Music, art, and dramatic play activities.
- Social: Emphasis on problem-solving, respect and responsibility